Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The New Year has started off with a BANG...well, not really.

So, here it is January and what has changed?

I'm PROUD to say that Brock is almost completely potty-trained now.  We're going pee pee AND poo poo in the potty 95% of the time these days.  I will say...things got quite frustrating for a while there and I didn't think we were EVER going to get the hang of it.  But, now he's doing so well and I have almost completely forgot the days of diapers.  I never thought I would be so excited to hear him say he has to go pee pee, all on his own, without any prompting at all.  My little man is growing up.

Spring semester has just started and while I did have to drop one of my classes due to Andy's work schedule, I'm still taking two, which is my goal.  I'm hoping I'll still be able to take a few this summer, even though Andy will be gone.  I'm hoping some neighbors or friends will help watch Brock...I just want to get this degree done and over with.  If I'm not taking classes, I'm not working towards that goal.

Andy is set to deploy sometime in the next couple of months.  I can't say exactly when and shouldn't.  Deployment means everything on mom again; housework, yardwork, care of Brock, and care of the dogs while still trying to manage school work, volunteer work, and work work.  I will admit that I am not thrilled at all about the perspective of having to take all of these things on by myself again and I'm even less thrilled that it will be for 6 months or slightly longer.  With the being said, as much as I may gripe about it, Andy and I have a strong relationship and I know we'll make it happen.  We've been through a deployment before...just before Brock.  Hopefully Brock will occupy my mind and keep me from focusing on the days going by.  I know I'm a strong person and I know that while it won't be easy, I can do it...just like so many other spouses do when their significant others are deployed and sometimes for much longer than 6 months.  I guess, in reality, I should consider myself lucky that it isn't any longer.


I'm still hitting the gym hard.  I'm still at goal weight, even though I gained a little over 3 pounds over the holidays.  I just need to get back into more of a routine, with set days to workout, like I was before Andy got back in town from 1st class dive school.


My baby sister will be getting married at the end of May so I do have that to look forward to.  All kinds of things to do like planning her wedding shower and her bachelorette party.  And I have to look good in the pistachio colored dress so that keeps me motivated at the gym as well - thanks Sam!  :)

Well, that's all for now.  Hopefully I'll stick with this whole blogging thing a little bit more consistently this year.

1 comment:

  1. Errica you are an amazing and strong woman! I look up to you so much and I am so proud of you for the things you have accomplished and you accomplished tyhem because you pushed yourself and you motivated yourself!!! I cant wait to see my maid of honor in her pistachio green pick up dress! You will be oh so sexy! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete